Recognised by RSS, Tirupathi.
Poornaprajna Vidyapeetha started collecting rare books for its library named as "Poornaprajna Granthaalaya". Because the institution has been keeping as one of its dreams, the preservation and retrieval or restoration of old classical and shastric manuscripts in Sanskrit, much attention was given to collect and preserve the hand-written manuscripts in palm-leaves along with printed books. A total collection of 15,000 books belonging to this library is an asset for the institution.
This library has books written in almost all South Indian Languages as well as English and Sanskrit. Most of them are of Sanskrit. Broadly these Sanskrit books can be classified under these categories i.e.
These books are classified by their subjects i.e. Veda, Upanishad, Purana, Major Vedanta Schools, Nyaya, Vyakarana, Meemamsa, Sahitya, Jaina, Bouddha, Haridasa literature etc.
The Kannada, Hindi and English books-collection includes the translations of original Sanskrit works of various branches of learning. Out of English books found in the library, about 1000 books on the subjects like Philosophy, History and Literature are also noticeable in the collection.
1. Pertaining to the Vedas: their originals, Sanskrit commentaries and translations into Kannada & English are some of the rare collections that are of prestige.
2. Separate collections related to Upanishads, Bhagavatam, Mahabharatam, Ramayana, Bhagavadgeetha, are also available.
3. Tiny books useful for the children are another set of collections.
4. Collection of volumes of Sanskrit magazine called `Vimarsha’ publishing research articles for more than ten years and other similar volumes.
5. Vast collections publications on Madhva Vedanta.
These are only a few especially mentionable items of collection categories in the library.
Main library hall is accessible for only the scholars for their reference purpose. To provide the special reading facility to the students, there is a separate reading hall for them.
Overall, this library is a quite beneficial to the students, researchers, and teachers engaged in various academic interests.